Rutherford Cross is delighted to recruiting an FP&A Specialist with a PE backed, Glasgow city centre based business.
The business is extremely fast-growing, backed by an ambitious private equity firm. The group is making 2 acquisitions per month and has established itself as the largest in its sector in Scotland. The business is on track to double in size over the next 2 years, with ambition to double again in the proceeding years.
The finance team plays a key role in how the business operates and therefore a deep understanding of each area of the business is required. The pace and diversity of the group throws up new and exciting challenges on a daily basis. The Financial Planning & Analysis Accountant position represents a fantastic opportunity for a driven and pro-active accountant with strong commercial acumen.
In order to be successful, the post-holder requires a high degree of flexibility, and a forward-thinking mind-set that is very detailed focused whilst always maintaining an awareness of the bigger picture.
The purpose of the role is to support the CFO by providing exceptional financial planning and forecasting, focusing on the long-range funding plan, integration of individual acquisition forecasts, shorter term core budgeting and cash flow management.
Key duties will include:
- Development of group rolling three-year financial budgets and forecasts, including reconciled balance sheet, cash flow and profit-to-cash statement
- Timely and accurate integration of acquisition forecasts into Group budget and financial accounting models (new business units being added at the rate of 2-4 per month)
- Develop routine and robust cash flow reporting and forecasting
- Supporting CFO in development and analysis of investor/funder returns model
- Oversee the refinement of annual budgeting templates and manage the budgeting process
The Financial Planning & Analysis Accountant position requires a professionally qualified accountant who possesses excellent organisational, interpersonal, and technical skills. The ability to build relationships with and influence internal stakeholders, is a key requirement, as are strong commercial accounting skills. As the group has ambitious growth plans through acquisitions, there is a need to focus on the long-range funding plan as well as shorter term budgeting and cash flow management.
A strong track record of achievement both professionally and academically is required given the nature and requirements of this position.
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- Qualified Accountant (CA/CIMA/ACCA) with ability to apply strong technical knowledge to practical scenarios
- Advanced Excel skills with demonstrable experience of fully integrated financial models
- More than 3 years of experience in delivering financial/business analysis to support management decision making
- Ability to translate business requirements / queries into financial analysis and financial projections/models
- Adaptable to working in a fast-paced environment where change is the norm
- Good problem-solving skills, communication and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and able to deliver accurate and timely results
- Deadline focussed and willing to put in the effort to ensure they are always achieved