Our client has created a role for an ambitious individual to join the business in the position of Financial Planning & Analysis Manager. This is a key position and leads a team of six accountants responsible for the provision of financial information to Group Finance, which supports the achievement of financial performance objectives. Reporting to the Financial Controller, it is a broad and highly visible role both within Head Office and across the regions requiring an individual of the highest calibre with exceptional communication skills.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the position incorporates a blend of management reporting, financial analysis and staff supervision requiring interaction with Head Office Finance, Divisional Finance, Operations and external advisors.
The main duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Work alongside the Financial Controller to co-ordinate, review and present the annual budget and multi-year business plans.
- Prepare the monthly reporting and forecast pack for submission to Group Finance, including commentaries and identification of risk and opportunities.
- Prepare quarterly divisional analysis for trading announcement.
- Lead the production of various KPIs.
- Lead the production of the monthly report.
- Manage improvements and enhancements to finance systems.
- Develop and produce various reports which provide comprehensive financial information to meet the requirements of Central Finance, Executive Board and Group Finance.
- Develop and co-ordinate the provision of systems training across the finance team.
- Work with the Financial Controller to continually develop processes and reporting tools which support the provision of optimum levels of service in accordance with policies on all statutory and management accounting issues.
- Address business issues creatively and constructively in order to support the development of new revenue resources and improved cost structures.
- Manage and develop a team of six accountants in the FP&A team.
- Deputise for the Financial Controller where necessary.
The position incorporates a blend of responsibilities requiring a confident individual with strong technical, analytical and interpersonal ability. As this role will interface heavily with the business, experience within industry would be preferred. However, it is essential that the individual will come from a large firm/business background where they will be experienced in the reporting, analytical and control requirements of blue chip companies.
It is likely that the individual will be CA/ACA qualified and, ideally, has trained with a Big 4 accountancy practice. However, the nature of the role may also lend itself to candidates who have trained CIMA or ACCA within an industry environment. Certainly, it is essential that candidates display all the required personal characteristics, especially in demonstrating confidence, self-motivation and an ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels across the business.
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- Degree educated with a track record of high academic achievement.
- CA/ACA/CIMA/ACCA qualified with appropriate post-qualification experience.
- Experience of strategic planning and preparation of annual budgets.
- Excellent analytical and communications skills combined with business acumen, pragmatism and a good sense of diplomacy.
- Acts and thinks corporately with a collaborative style that empowers others.
- A lateral thinker, able to manage effectively in a complex and multi-disciplined organisation.
- Highly developed oral, written and presentation skills.
- Motivated and not easily discouraged.
- Committed to organisational confidentiality and supportive of equality issues across the organisation.
- Excellent IT skills including MS office and good working knowledge of accounting systems in a large organisation.
- A commitment to Continuous Professional Development.
Salary Desired: £70,000-£75,000 plus bonus, pension and healthcare