Rutherford Cross is working with a key client to appoint a Financial Modeller into the Corporate Finance team.
Our client is a highly acquisitive energy company based in Edinburgh city centre that has experienced fast and continuous growth since its inception. The company is owned by institutional investors and advised by a global asset management company.
This position would suit a qualified accountant with experience of designing, building, populating and evaluating financial models in addition to a good grasp of valuation analysis, M&A workstreams and operational models.
Duties will include:
- Preparation, analysis and review of financial models and financial modelling tools for a variety of propositions
- Supporting the quarterly submission of company Net Asset Value (NAV), ensuring NAV reporting adheres to best practice protocols
- Develop a transparent process for updating NAV model(s), assigning responsibilities for assumptions sets
- Ensuring compliance with Senior Lender requirements, including the semi-annual submission of operating financial models. Tracking and reporting on relevant banking covenants
- Supporting annual budget preparation and supporting the business in the production of a 5-year strategic plan financial model including supporting the execution and implementation of a framework for corporate governance and management information
- Partnering with different business areas to assess the financial viability of various projects designed to improve the operational performance of the portfolio and overall asset life
- Supporting the Corporate Development team with the appraisal and valuation of potential M&A targets
- Providing modelling and Excel support to the finance team
- An accounting qualification
- Experience of designing, building, populating and evaluating financial models
- A good grasp of valuation analysis, M&A workstreams and operational models
- Experience of working in corporate finance or transaction services is preferable, as is experience within the energy sector
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills