Rutherford Cross is delighted to be working with a leading technology specialist as they search for a Financial Controller to join the team due to continued growth. This is a hugely business facing role as the team look at new strategic ways to improve the finance function. Working closely with the CFO, this role will play a key part in business partnering, stakeholder engagement and technical reporting.
Taking control of the financial reporting, evaluating performance and cashflow management, it will be this individual’s responsibility to ensure all information is translated internally on a timely basis.
Key duties include:
- The efficient running of a Group accounting centre and the internal control environment
- Producing management and statutory accounts
- Supporting the CFO and Commercial/Operational teams with analysis in managing the delivery of performance together with developing/controlling the business plan
- Robust controls and confidence over balance sheet reporting and cash management
- Producing monthly and annual reports to identify forecasts including variance analysis
- Taking responsibility for the internal control environment to ensure that controls are robust and support the production of accurate financial statements
- Driving improvements across process, systems usage and financial controls across the business
- Working with the CFO to develop and consolidate budgets and financial plans
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) or qualified by experience
- Experience of operating in a technology business or private equity backed organisation
- Working in a similar capacity across a range of technical duties
- Able to manage workload effectively and meet strict deadlines
- Strong communication skills and able to manage a small team effectively
- Ability to operate across the business and to drive change across the finance structure
- Good IT skills – excellent with Excel
Hybrid Working Model.
If you work well within a team, would like to work for one of Edinburgh’s fastest growing companies and are looking for a commercial role, please apply with an up to date CV.