This is an exciting opportunity for a newly qualified accountant or experienced financial accountant to join a complex organisation looking to appoint a financial accountant into their technical team. This vacancy is due to an internal promotion.
This role is an integral role within the wider finance function with significant exposure across the business. key responsibilities will include:
- Delivering the annual statutory financial accounts and financial reporting obligations
- Supporting the Finance Manager in ensuring the integrity, accuracy, and timeliness of all financial records, ensuring all income and liabilities are accurately recorded, reconciled and reviewed.
- Supporting with the planning, preparation, and delivery of statutory reports, publications, internal and external audits, and the Annual Report and Accounts within agreed timetables.
- Preparation of VAT Return workings and associated reconciliations.
- Delivery of the monthly close process, analysing transactions and preparing required journals.
- Preparing the monthly finance team performance indicators and transparency publications for review
- Work collaboratively across the Finance Team across the organisation to manage the financial resources and assets as efficiently as possible, providing appropriate financial advice and guidance to support service delivery and facilitate any future transformational change agenda.
- Qualified accountant – CA/ACCA/ACA or equivalent
- Detailed knowledge of financial accounting processes and approaches, experience gained working in a similar role or within the profession
- Enjoy problem solving
- Ability to work collaboratively across finance and the wider business
- Strong communicator and will be able to build good working relationships at all levels
- Excellent attention to detail