Rutherford Cross is pleased to be partnered with a rapidly growing Scottish construction and civil engineering business to appoint the newly created position of Finance Manager. This position has been created following a period of sustained growth and represents an excellent opportunity for a finalist/newly-qualified accountant to work for an aspirant FD/MD and develop a broad finance skillset.
This is a hands-on role with 2 direct reports and will assume the day-to-day management of the finance function allowing the FD to take on more strategic responsibilities. Initially part of the role will be covering the FD’s maternity leave but there is scope to take on more responsibility and progress in the role as time passes.
Ideally, we are looking to engage with first movers from medium-sized firms or those with post-qualification experience in the commercial industry seeking a step up, we are also happy to consider an exam finalist individual with relevant experience. Salary up to £55k + bonus.
- Prepare monthly management accounts
- Control and reconciliation of key financial accounts
- Manage the general ledger
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Monitor and control bank transactions
- Cashflow forecasting and control
- Prepare and submit VAT returns
- Ad-hoc financial and administrative assistance to the directors when needed
- Being responsible for the preparation and review of the revenue
- Billing process, liaising with the customer
- Qualified/Part Qualified accountant CA/ACCA/CIMA with commercial awareness and business acumen
- Strong technical accounting skills with great attention to detail
- An approachable manner, working as part of a team to achieve company-wide achievements
- Advanced Excel skills
- Effective interpersonal skills, managing communications within the finance team and across all departments in the business
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross.