Rutherford Cross is working with a business who have gone through exceptional growth to recruit for a Finance Manager. The business are keen to recruit an experienced and hardworking Finance Manager for a subsiduary to be based either in Belfast or at the Group head office in Glasgow, with fortnightly travel to the Belfast office. The role will report to the Groups’ Head of Finance with responsibility for the day-to-day management of the finance function, as well as collaboration and interaction with the Operations team in Belfast.
A summary of some of the key duties are below:
- Liaise with the Administration Manager, Procurement and Surveyors to ensure timely processing of underlying financial transactions into Sage
- Local control of banking transactions – approval of payment runs, reconciliation of the account and management of future cash flow projections and requirements
- Daily consideration of cash receipts, undertaking credit control responsibilities if required
- Process weekly and monthly wages in Sage (c.40 employees)
- Compliance with local tax regulations and requirements (timely submission of VAT, CIS, PAYE returns etc)
- Month End Accounts Preparation, Review and Analysis
- Preparation of month end journals and monthly accounts in Sage / Excel
- Reconciliation of gross profit in the accounts to management portfolios
- Review of performance to budget
- Support the reconciliation and understanding of performance of jobs, particularly those which are under-performing expectation
- Supporting with ad hoc project work
This position represents an excellent career opportunity for an experienced Finance Manager looking to join a business who are on an upwards trajectory. This role could also suit a highly experienced Accountant who is looking to build on their management experience, move into their first Finance Manager level role and can bring strong commercial ability as well as leadership capabilities.
The role will be open to change in the future and in time may develop into a wider integrations and projects role within the Group. On offer is a competitive salary and good benefits package.