Rutherford Cross is excited to be working in partnership with a leading British manufacturer. This firm is experiencing fantastic growth worldwide and currently employs around 2,000 people at facilities in the UK, continental Asia and North America. Innovation and breakthrough technology are the drivers behind their expansion into new global markets, and essential to this continued growth is having the right people in key roles.
We are currently searching for a Finance Business Partner to be based out of Hong Kong and assume responsibility for the South East Asia region (HK, Singapore and Malaysia). You will be an active part of the management team, the go-to person for all finance related matters and leader of a team across the region.
- Provide relevant, focused and timely management reporting to Group Finance on monthly results and variances plus reporting and focus on Overheads and Working Capital in line with agreed reporting calendar
- Develop and oversee accurate budgets and forecasts for South East Asia region so there is clear line of sight on key territories eg Hong Kong, Malaysia and Singapore
- Develop accurate budgets and forecasts for South East Asia business including working capital reporting by country
- Ensure balance sheet reconciliations performed and reviewed on a monthly basis in line with Group Reporting timetable
- Be the gatekeeper of all costs incurred in that region and proactively challenge any proposed expenditure
- Ensure timely cash collection in all countries to maximize Group cash position
- Provide relevant analysis of Risks and Opportunities for the relevant entities
- Provide Group Reporting (Hyperion Input) for relevant entities
- Development and effective operation of Group financial controls and policies
- Improve financial performance and through cost and process efficiencies
- Will actively communicate at all levels to ensure information is shared in a timely manner
- Will identify key areas of improvement, identify solutions and deliver ongoing benefit
- Manage invoice processing and billing through robust purchase ledger and sales ledger processes in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage payroll function and ensure costs reflected in the monthly accounts are reconciled and accurate.
- Preparation of reports for tax purposes & filing ensuring close liaison with Group Tax Manager
- Be key finance point of contact for audit in South East Asia Region
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Ability to work well under continual time deadlines and financial goals
- Ability to analyse data and draw conclusions
- Accurately and thoroughly maintain a wide variety of records
- Prepare clear, concise, comprehensive and accurate reports
- Understand, interpret and apply sound commercial knowledge
- Learn and effectively use accounting systems to store and retrieve data
- Clearly communicate orally and in writing with all levels in the organisation - must be able to demonstrate strong English language skills, both written and verbal, to be effective in working and managing within a Global UK based business
- Provide accurate information and elicit co-operative working relationships.
- Prepare complex financial statements, reports and analyses.
- Examine, verify and prepare financial information.
- Proficient in various computer programmes such as MS Office programs, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel / Hyperion / SYSPRO (an advantage but not essential)
- Must have demonstrated leadership capability to both manage a team and also develop the team in the region
In return, you will earn a base salary in the region of 600-800k HKD per annum, dependent on level of experience.
If you are interested in discussing this opportunity further and match the above requirements, please do not hesitate to get in touch. [email protected]