Rutherford Cross are delighted to be partnered with a market leading construction firm, currently seeking a Finance Business Partner to join their already existing team. This is a standalone role working across multiple functions within the business, as well as building strong relationships with key stakeholders.
Based in East Lothian, this role will be predominantly site based allowing the successful individual to gain exposure to the full project life cycle, whilst working with head office on key decision making. This opportunity requires a high attention to detail as you will be taking responsibility for a wide range of accounts, preparing CAPEX schedules as well as translating important information to department heads.
Key duties include but not limited to:
- Ensure relevant accurate management information is provided to the regional managers and their teams
- Ensuring integrity of the regional accounting records and assets and liabilities
- Review and confirmation of the monthly region performance cost statements, KPIs, performance measurers with variance analysis and benchmarking as required
- Ensure sustainable reductions in working capital are made through management of inventory levels at a regional and business unit level
- Provide analysis and deliver insight that links financial reports to business strategies
- Improve the impact, and understanding, of financial reporting on business performance
- Ensure robust and accurate forecasts and budgets
- Provide effective commercial procedures, or initiate change, to ensure key operational, commercial and financial targets are delivered
- Build partnerships and credible, lasting relationships with all senior managers and their teams and provide financial support to commercial decision making
- Present financial performance, full year forecasts and budget variances including understanding financial opportunities and risk
- Mentor, coach and develop works assistant accountant
- Drive in partnership with the Senior Finance Manager and delivery of works across operational and financial objectives
- Improve and develop safety awareness within the finance teams
- Ad hoc head office projects as assigned
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) or proven operational finance experience
- Demonstrable finance operations background with relevant technical skills
- A proven track record of delivering value through effective execution of the finance and business strategies
- Ability to work in a commercial role
If you work well within a team, would like to join a growing/ entrepreneurial environment and have a willingness to learn, please apply with an up-to-date CV.