The Credit Controller is a key role within the company’s finance function, working closely with the credit team. The key focus of this role will be to ensure that the sales and purchase ledger is managed effectively and minimising risk exposure and bad debt by working to credit management and accounts receivable processes.
An overview of core responsibilities includes:
- Responsibility for general credit management of the business which includes credit checking of new and existing customers and monitoring credit limits
- Ensuring accurate and succinct data is supplied in terms of credit limits in line with monthly deadlines
- Ensuring best practice of credit management within the ledgers
- Taking ownership and managing the ledgers daily invoices
- Ensuring intercompany invoices are set up correctly
- Working with the Sales and Purchase Ledger
- Experience of Wages/Payroll advantageous
The role of Credit Controller requires an individual with experience of developing an understanding of a complex credit management processes within a fast pace environment and to identify value-add solutions to any problems identified.