Rutherford Cross is delighted to be exclusively partnered with one of Scotland’s most well-known drinks companies to help them appoint a Commercial Finance Business Partner. This represents an exceptional career opportunity for a recently qualified accountant to join an exciting company and sector, gaining exposure to a wide range of duties in a varied and dynamic role.
Ideally, we are looking for a newly qualified up to a couple of years post-qualified individual, from the big 4/top 10 however we will consider individuals who have qualified in Industry who have strong commercial acumen and who have experience in business partnering, having previously influenced decision making. The position is based in central Glasgow with a hybrid working model and flexible working alongside a salary of up to £45k + further package.
The Commercial Business Partner is responsible for providing timely and accurate commercial information to the Sales & Marketing functions within the business. This includes planning, budgeting/forecasting, reporting, analysis, and general commercial and financial support. This role should add value to the wider business through strong analytical skills and commercial insight.
Key duties include:
- Ensure integrity of the P&L for own area of responsibility, from the revenue (and Sales volume) line through to brand contribution
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of financial accruals
- Prepare and review detail variance analysis at month-end to ensure any movements versus plan and prior year are fully understood across Finance, Sales & Marketing functions
- Provide Sales and Marketing with accurate financial analysis to enable them to effectively measure performance of customers and brands
- Support on ad hoc data and analysis requests from Head of Commercial Finance, Sales and Marketing
- Attend/Support at Quarterly Business Review meetings with all senior stake holders & Executive Board. Present performance including full year forecast along with associated risks & opportunities
- Attend/Support at regional Leadership Team meetings as required
- Support Sales and Marketing teams in customer negotiations, new product proposals, analysis of promotional mechanics, and ongoing customer data requirements
- Support Sales on new pricing proposals clearly illustrating the impact on both the business and the customer
- Co-ordinating the planning processes for annual budgets, quarterly forecasts and strategic 5-year plans for own area of responsibility
- Challenge the Sales and Marketing team inputs as appropriate to drive accurate and realistic forecasting at all times
- Provide detailed variance analyses to explain impact of movements in volume, price, and cost on the P&L versus plan & prior years
- Presentation of financial plans at the quarterly business review meetings
- Work closely with brand teams to monitor strategic marketing spend versus signed off plans
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of strategic marketing accruals
- Provide timely reporting of monthly spend, highlighting any variances to budgets
Projects & Continuous Improvement
- Lead and take part in strategic projects across the business from a Finance perspective
- Continually review processes in the department to ensure they are at their most efficient within Finance and Sales and Marketing
For more information regarding this opportunity or to organise an initial confidential discussion, please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on 07494 280 500 / [email protected].