Rutherford Cross is delighted to be partnering with a UK listed business based in Perth to appoint an Assistant Finance Systems Accountant. Featuring on the FTSE 100, this organisation has gone through significant growth and as a result looking to appoint this newly created position.
The Assistant Finance Systems Accountant is a key role working within a specialist systems functional support team providing advice and guidance to the wider Finance and Business community who use TM1 (10.2), Harmony (Oracle ERP), Cognos Controller and the recently implemented PBCS (Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud System) application.
The Finance System team provide full administrative support for the above-mentioned applications, ensuring appropriate user access rights, security permissions, and financial controls within the systems. The team also provide front line support to users and assist with future system development activities.
In this role you will be required to manage IT Service Centre faults assigned to the team through to resolution. You will carry out maintenance on user accounts and metadata while co-ordinating the update of system policies and procedures. You will have some responsibility providing clerical and administrative support to the Finance System Administration team, assisting in the reconciliation and integrity of the applications.
- Educated to Degree level & progressing to full AAT membership as a minimum.
- Previous experience within a Finance or Financial Systems development environment and an awareness/understanding of financial systems; knowledge and experience of SSE’s financial systems would be beneficial
- Working knowledge of one or more of the supported applications (TM1, Oracle ERP, PBCS)
- Understanding of process analysis techniques and proficient in creating detailed process maps and associated work instructions.
- Knowledge and experience in SQL coding.
- Understanding of Financial Control and Governance framework related to Systems.
- Experience of analysing, mapping and documenting complex processes.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office suite, particularly Excel and Visio.
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written, presentation skills and the ability to work with all levels of the Organisation
- Ability to make a positive impact in a cross-functional environment.
- Ability to understand complex issues and communicate them in simple terms.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a continuous improvement mindset