Rutherford Cross is excited to be retained by CST Global (Compound Semiconductor Technologies) to appoint an Assistant Accountant.
CST Global is an independent manufacturer of III-V photonic devices who provide custom foundry services in InP, GaAs, GaN and GaSb on 2”, 3” and 4” wafers, and have ongoing, active research and development programmes in various technology areas in partnership with private and public bodies.
CST Global also develop and manufacture custom and standard InP laser products for the FTTx (Fibre to the Home / Premises / Building) and PON (Passive Optical Network) markets and are currently in the process of ramping production to >1M devices per month.
CST Global are ISO 9001: 2015 certified and currently employ 60 staff in R&D, wafer fabrication and backend assembly & test at their facility in Hamilton, Glasgow.
CST represents a fantastic opportunity to join a Scottish Headquartered backed business, with exciting expansion plans. The business is led by true industry experts and has a forwardthinking approach and distinctive culture.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Assistant Accountant will be responsible for the completion of essential bookkeeping, payroll and accounting duties for the company.
- Preparation of monthly management and year-end accounts
- Processing of month end journals, including accruals and prepayments
- Reconciling bank accounts
- Issuing foreign and Sterling supplier statements
- Preparation of cashflow reports
- Production of quarterly VAT returns
- Responsible for balance sheet reconciliations
- Processing of payroll journals and payroll reconciliations
- Taking ownership for credit control is an important aspect of the role; regular contact with customers is required to ensure that payments are collected within the appropriate timeframe
- Track record of carrying out a similar role with an SME business
- Experience of Sage Line 50
- Payroll experience
- Advanced Excel skills and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
Personal attributes required:
- Salary of £30,000-£35,000
- Holidays 34 days inclusive of stats
- Life Assurance
- Working Hours: 9am-5pm Monday-Friday (40 hours per week)