Our client, a hugely successful and high profile commercial organisation, is seeking an Investment Analyst to add to their existing team in Glasgow. This role has been created as a direct result of continuing business diversification and growth.
Reporting into the Directors, the key purpose of the role is to manage the existing portfolio of investments and assess and deliver new transaction opportunities.
This involves the specific responsibilities:
- Performing analysis of early stage transaction opportunities
- Performing analysis to support the initial investment and exit processes
- Preparing financial models and investment appraisal analysis to enable the Directors to assess proposed transactions
- Scoping due diligence assignments, interpreting due diligence reports and liaising with providers
- Assisting with the preparation of investment papers
- Ensuring that management information and reports meet the needs of the shareholders and banks
It is likely that the individual will be CA/ACA qualified and will have trained with a Big 4 or large accountancy practice. Ideally, candidates will be currently working in Corporate Finance or Transaction Services and seeking their first move from the profession, though individuals from an audit background will also be considered.
Certainly, it is essential that candidates display all the required personal characteristics, especially in demonstrating confidence, self-motivation and strong commercial acumen.
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- Degree educated with a track record of high academic achievement
- Qualified accountant with appropriate post qualification experience
- Experience of creating and modifying complex financial models
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Confidence and strong interpersonal skills, especially when interfacing with senior management or external stakeholders
- Creative thinker with excellent problem solving and analytical abilities
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Energy, drive, tenacity, professionalism and commitment
- Excellent IT skills with an advanced knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Flexible approach to working hours in line with the needs of the business
In return, you will receive a market leading financial package with high bonus potential; a role with genuine depth and breadth; and the opportunity to work with one of Scotland’s most successful organisations of recent years.
To apply or for a confidential discussion, please contact our advisor Mark Lewis at Rutherford Cross.