Rutherford Cross is pleased to be partnered with a global energy business to appoint a Corporate Governance Accountant. As a Corporate Governance Accountant, you will undertake a wide range of reviews to support a strong governance framework and robust internal control environment for the Business, confirming effective procedures and processes to support them. This role sits within the Internal Controls Team and requires a proactive, independent, and self-motivated individual.
This represents an excellent opportunity for a newly/recently qualified big 4/mid-tier auditor to transition into industry. My client has a strong track record of developing staff and offers a market-leading culture alongside a superb benefits package.
We are looking for a technically strong individual commensurate with recent exposure in audit and someone who has the strength of personality to interface with senior stakeholders across the business both in finance and beyond.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- As part of the Internal Controls Team, you will assist with maintaining a robust Internal Controls Model across the Group, ensuring all relevant parties understand their roles and responsibilities
- Throughout the various cycles the individual will test the design and operational effectiveness of controls in place, working alongside the Business to implement new controls when required
- Where relevant, the individual will work to develop remedial plans where areas of control deficiencies are identified and ensure all relevant parties and committees are kept up to date with any significant issues
- The individual will contribute to ensuring processes are in place to allow Directors and Senior Management to certify compliance with Group policy for internal controls managed by the function
- As the Group’s non-financial reporting increases, it will be the responsibility of the individual to assist in the roll-out of further controls in this area and challenge the Business to ensure a thorough approach is taken, Group-wide, in these emerging areas
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on 07494 280 500 / [email protected]