Job Title: Finance Business Partner
Location: North Lanarkshire
Salary: up to £42k, up to 12% bonus & benefits package
Rutherford Cross are delighted to be partnered with a high-profile drinks company in order to appoint a Finance Business Partner. This is a key role within the Finance team, the position would suit a newly qualified or qualified by experience accountant with strong financial analysis skills.
The successful candidate will have responsibilities across a number of financial processes and face into the business by providing financial support to the functional business units.
The role requires an individual who is both technically strong but also has the requisite commercial acumen to be able to drive performance improvement in both finance and the wider business.
With offices based in North Lanarkshire, the business operates under a hybrid working model, with flexible hours and early finishes on Friday. On offer is a salary of up to £42k, 12% bonus and an excellent benefits package.
- Support the end-to-end period close and reporting process for areas which fall under responsibility.
- Undertake wide-ranging analysis to provide decision support and advice to the business. The analysis performed will be across the P&L and Balance sheet and focus on maximising profit delivery for the function.
- Partner the teams under areas of responsibility by providing performance reporting and profitability analysis.
- Deliver improvement initiatives across both finance and the business. Initiatives will cover areas such as streamlining reporting to drive process improvement and working with the business functions to identify areas of opportunity to drive improved profitability.
- Prepare monthly forecasting for areas of responsibility (both functional and P&L line), provide a diligent and understandable financial forecast in line with the Group timetable
- Support the annual budget process with responsibilities including preparation, presentation writing and reporting updates
- Undertake financial control activities and support the wider business control framework to ensure financial process risks are mitigated. Key areas include balance sheet reconciliations, cost control and external audit requirements
- Build a strong working knowledge of the key systems used by finance (JDE, Hubble, Cognos, TM1, Demantra) to facilitate delivery
- Work effectively with IT to resolve system issues and deliver system related process improvements which enhance finance performance.
- Newly Qualified Accountant or qualified by experience with strong financial analysis skills.
- Experience in management reporting and analysis.
- Experience in financial accounting and reporting.
- Intermediate level of business skills and business planning.
- Intermediate experience using accounting information systems.
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborative style to put the needs of the team above own
- Constant challenges to entrenched processes and looking for new ways of working that improve team efficiency
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Gillian O’Neil at Rutherford Cross on 07432482882 or [email protected]