Rutherford Cross is delighted to be engaged on a search for an Internal Auditor in Glasgow. Our client is a global engineering company, with a reputation for excellence in the design and manufacture of specialist equipment. The internal audit team are responsible for the assessment and improvement of the risk and controls framework for all companies, requiring international travel exposing the role holder to different cultures, operating units and senior figures within the business
The Objectives of the Role:
- Conduct audits and assurance work to provide an independent assessment on business processes
- Provide management with assurance that risks are well controlled or identify weaknesses to be resolved
- Ensure that the business operates with good Corporate Governance
- Identify and facilitate the sharing of best practice across the organization to ensure that the business operates efficiently
- Deliver audits and assurance work from the approved Internal Audit plan and subsequent additional ad hoc requests, either as part of a team, independently or leading a small team
- For audits that are being led or conducted independently, manage the planning, fieldwork, review, reporting and completion of these audits. Where there is a team, manage the work of other team members and feedback constructively on their performance.
- Assist in the development of the Internal Audit Methodology and procedures to ensure that all internal processes comply with audit guidance, are effective, efficient and are adding value to the business.
- Assist with delivery and development of other areas of responsibility of the Audit team as required (e.g. Risk Management, Investigations).
- Provide ad hoc advice the business on risks and controls.
- Assist in the preparation of the department’s management information which include (Monthly IA reports, Gifts and Hospitality reports, Audit Committee update reports and the annual performance of the Internal Audit team reports).
- Advising companies on control issues as and when required
- Cover for the Internal Audit Manager as appropriate.
- A self-starter with a recognised qualification (in accounting or internal audit)
- Outgoing and engaging character, with the confidence to communicate with senior management.
- Strong communication skills – with the ability to influence, both verbally and in written work.
- Commercially aware, with a supportive rather than adversarial attitude – using Internal Audit to add value and drive the whole business forward
- Able to deliver to deadlines, managing own workload
- Prepared to work independently, in an analytical and rigorous way, although also being able to work as part of a team
- Have an ethical stance that can be held up as a role model in the business
- There will be significant travel (up to 40% travel)
To discuss in confidence please contact [email protected] or call 07494 280 152.